Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blog Post #2: Can I Get a Resource?

Although we don't have to do both of the posts for this week, I decided I will go ahead and do this post too and share a few design resources with you all.

Hex Hub HTML Color Codes - I use this site all the time to find hexadecimal codes for colors. They have a lot of ones listed here, which should make it easy for you to find the perfect shade. Programs like Fireworks and Photoshop let you put in hex codes in the color picker too, so you can use these codes in your graphic design as well.

Namechk - This is not so much a design resource but it could help you when you decide to get the word out about your website on social networks. This site lets you check over 100 social networking sites to see if the username or custom URL you want is available. Saves you lots of time and stress.

8 Simple Ways to Improve Your YouTube Channel - This is also social media-related in a way, but it's the best article I've ever seen on helping you out with YouTube. I found it when I did a Google search on how to change your YouTube username (since I no longer like the one I have). The article is on Mashable, a popular tech blog that is worth following in and of itself.

StumbleUpon - I came across this semi-obscure social network a while back, which suggests web content to you based on what you tell the site your interests are. I have found a lot of great stuff using this site. You can browse what you are given using the site or through downloading the StumbleUpon Toolbar for Internet Explorer. Either way, when viewing a site, you give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. StumbleUpon uses this data to improve its recommendations. It's definitely a good place to start to get inspiration!

~*~

Hope you enjoyed this short list of resources! Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment